There are a lot of things we do for our skin and body to keep it healthy and happy. A good workout session and a healthy skin-care routine is a must to maintain good health and skin. In the course of managing these things, most of the time, we ignore our lips or barely do anything to keep them soft and naturally pink.
When you have healthy pink lips, you do not have to wear heavy lipstick all the time. Just a lip balm is enough to complete your look. On the other hand, when your lips are chapped, dull or pigmented it affects your confidence and makes you feel embarrassed. It is important to take care of our lips and do something to keep them naturally pink.
In this natural beauty blog, here are some easy and effective tips that will give you perfect lips:
- Prepare a natural lip balm at home: You can use a raw aloe vera or readymade aloe vera gel for this. Take some aloe vera pulp or aloe vera gel and mix some coconut oil in it. Make a good mixture of it and refrigerate for some time to have a good consistency. Your homemade lip balm is ready. Anti-inflammatory properties of aloe vera will heal your lips and make them soft. Coconut oil contains Vitamin E that maintains the elasticity and moisturizes your lips.
- Homemade mask: To prepare a lip mask at home, take a teaspoon full of honey and add half teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Give it a good mix and apply it on your lips. Let it rest for 15 minutes and rinse with water. It is important to apply a thick layer of lip balm after this process. Honey will provide deep hydration for your lips and lemon will remove the pigmentation from your lips.
- Scrub your lips: Scrub for lips is as essential as it is for the face. You can prepare a scrub at home to exfoliate your lips. Take one teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of virgin coconut oil or olive oil. Gently scrub your lips with this mixture to remove the dead skin. It will also nourish and rejuvenate your lip.
- Get a natural pink tint: Natural pink lips is everyone’s wish. Some rose petals will definitely help you to achieve those perfect lips. Mix some crushed rose petals, honey, and milk. Apply this mixture on your lips for 10 to 15 minutes and rinse off. It will give you soft and pink lips. Repeat this process every alternate day for better results.
- Stay hydrated: Keep on applying lip balm is not sufficient to get healthy lips. Overall hydration is equally important to make them look plump and healthy. Make sure you drink enough water throughout the day. It will save your lips from dryness and dullness.
- Avoid harmful chemicals: We all and especially girls use cosmetics for lips to make them look beautiful. Many of these cosmetics contain harmful chemicals that make our lips dull and dark. Also, you should stop applying dark shades of lipsticks as it affects the natural pink tone of our lips. Always use natural beauty products to keep your lips healthy.
- Protect yourself from the Sun: Suntan can also form pigmentation on the lips. It is always good to protect your lips from direct sun exposure. Cover your face including your lips with a scarf whenever you need to step out. You can also use lip balms that contain a good amount of SPF.
- Avoid nicotine and caffeine: Smoking causes pigmentation to the lips. It also affects the blood flow in the lips that makes them look dull and dry. A high amount of tea and coffee is equally bad for our lips. So, it is better to quit smoking and minimizing the intake of caffeine.
You must have realized how easy it is to achieve naturally pink and pretty lips. These home remedies and some precautions will be very useful for maintaining healthy lips. All the above remedies are simple and easy to follow. It will definitely give you long-lasting results.