Sleeplessness is the most common problem among various people. Almost every third or fourth person is facing this challenge in their daily routine. Most of us do not realize it in the early stage which leads us towards insomnia sometimes. If you are some of them who get stuck with thoughts of the entire day’s activities then be aware before it becomes a serious issue.
By adapting some health and fitness tips, you can manage to maintain a healthy sleep every day. There are some exercises and meditation techniques that can actually help you to get quality sleep.
- Yawning is good: As we all know yawning is a sign that we are sleepy. It sends signals to our brains to take rest. But, did you know fake yawning can also do the same? Yes, that is true. It relieves the tension from brains and encourages you to sleep. So, next time when you face difficulty while sleeping, start yawning.
- Concentrate on your breath: Peace of mind is important to have a good sleep. Breathing practice can help you to achieve that. Lay down in your bed and make yourself comfortable. Stop thinking about your day or other tasks and concentrate on your breathing only. Breath in and breath out with your nose only without opening your mouth. Concentration will play an important role in this practice. It takes a few minutes and you will sleep automatically. Also, you will feel fresh and relaxed after waking up.
- Try scented candles and diffusers: Aroma candles and essential oil diffusers are already very popular these days. These things fill your room with a sweet and nice fragrance. It makes you feel relax and calm. These magical oils are able to soothe your busy mind and help you to sleep. You can also use essential oils to massage your forehead or rub two drops of essential oil on your pillow. Choose a nice fragrance like lavender or chamomile oil for better results.
- Music is a good therapy: Some people claim they can fall asleep while watching television. But, it is not good for your eyes and overall health. In spite of that, you can listen to light music. Do it half-hour before you sleep. It will soothe your hyperactive brain and relax your body. It is a good practice to have a sound sleep without any disruption.
- Avoid caffeine: Caffeine is one ingredient that keeps you awake. Avoid having coffee, tea, cool drinks, and chocolates a few hours before your bedtime. These things keep your brain active and disturb your sleep. Also, if you are on a heavy intake of caffeine then it is high time to quit it for a better sleep cycle.
- Set a routine and follow it: Discipline is so important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is also necessary for daily sound sleep. Set a time-table for sleeping and waking up and stick to that. It will build a system for your body that will encourage you to sleep and wakeup on time.
- Avoid sleeping in the day time: Quit your habit of taking a nap. It means stop sleeping in the day time no matter how happy it makes you. Nap sends a false signal of complete sleep to your brain which makes it hard for you to sleep at night. You can sleep early in the beginning if you feel the need for some extra sleep.
- Exercise daily: Having a plethora of other health benefits, exercise also helps you to have a sound sleep. Exercising for at least 10 minutes will be a stress reliever for you. Make sure you are doing a light workout and not the intense one. A normal walk is also good if you want to start.
The above health and fitness tips will definitely help you to fall asleep faster. A complete sleep helps you to stay healthy. Your poor sleep can affect your health and bring diseases. Start making a few changes as stated above and you will see the healthy change in your sleep cycle.