It’s never too early to start preparing for pregnancy if you’re trying to have a kid or simply thinking about it. Preconception health and health care focus on things you can do to improve your chances of having a healthy baby before and throughout pregnancy. It might take a few months for some women to prepare their bodies for pregnancy. It may take longer for other ladies. Whether you’re expecting your first child or the second or third the steps below will help you prepare for the healthiest pregnancy possible. For many women, pregnancy planning begins even before conception. Others want to begin preparing as soon as they become aware of a pregnancy.
- Consult your doctor about preconception health care before becoming pregnant. Your doctor will want to go through your medical history as well as any current medical issues that might influence your pregnancy. He or she will also talk about any prior pregnancy issues, medications you’re taking now, vaccines you might need, and precautions you might take before getting pregnant to avoid certain birth abnormalities. Ask your doctor about this form of treatment if you haven’t already. Make a list of topics to discuss so that you don’t forget anything.
- If you have any medical problems, be sure they’re under control and being addressed. Diabetes, high blood pressure Sexually transmitted illnesses, chronic illnesses are only a few of these ailments. If you smoke, consume alcohol, or use certain drugs, live in a stressful or abusive environment, or work with or live near harmful substances, speak with your doctor or another health expert. Premature birth, birth abnormalities, and child death can all occur if a woman smokes, drinks alcohol, or uses certain medications while pregnant. Counselling, therapy, and other support services are available from health care experts.
- Some medicines might cause birth abnormalities if used during pregnancy. Some over-the-counter drugs and supplements, fall under this category. Before having a baby, consult with your doctor about these drugs and make sure you’re only taking the ones which do not.
- Some immunizations are advised before conception, during pregnancy, and immediately after delivery. Getting the appropriate immunizations at the right time can help you stay healthy and prevent your child from becoming very ill or developing life-long health issues.
- Take folic acid. Folic acid helps avoid birth abnormalities. A woman should get adequate folic acid in her body for at least a month before and throughout the pregnancy.
- Avoid dangerous chemicals, environmental pollutants, and other poisonous substances in the house and at work, such as synthetic chemicals, metals, fertiliser, insect spray, and cat or rodent excrement. These drugs can harm both men’s and women’s reproductive systems.
- Obese people are at a higher risk for a variety of severe illnesses, including pregnancy difficulties, heart disease, type 2 diabetes, and some malignancies. Underweight people are also at risk for major health concerns. Short-term dietary modifications aren’t the key to obtaining and maintaining a healthy weight. It’s about living a healthy lifestyle that involves frequent physical exercise and nutritious food.
- Gathering your family’s medical history is beneficial to your child’s health. You may not think that your sister’s heart problem or your cousin’s sickle cell illness may have an impact on your kid, and don’t forget to share this information with your doctor.
- To perform at your best, you must enjoy your life and appreciate yourself. Everyone experiences anxiety or stress from time to time. However, if these sensations persist and are interfering with your everyday life, get professional treatment. Discuss your thoughts and treatment choices with your expert doctor.
These are several helpful tips that will help you plan for your pregnancy. Every parent wants that their child is born healthy. A pre conception counselling is a good way to make the right start.
There are several family planning counselling services available. One of the best pre conception counselling is offered by Aastrika. They provide prenatal, birthing and postpartum service based on the mother-centric midwifery model of care. They strongly believe and inculcate in their services that every mother should be treated with respect and dignity during pregnancy and childbirth. They provide prenatal, birthing and postpartum service based on the mother-centric midwifery model of care. They strongly believe and inculcate in their services that every mother should be treated with respect and dignity during pregnancy and childbirth.
Conclusion: The article clearly explains the importance of making a plan for a healthy pregnancy and how you can make sure of having one for your own health and your babies.