What is the right way to start training? Many people ask this question. Most often we read about exercises on various health and fitness blogs that require special equipment. This is not always convenient.
Firstly, due to the nature of health, not everyone is allowed to lift heavy objects, and secondly, not every person has everything necessary for training. Correct usage of your own weight will significantly improve your appearance, make your figure more toned and slender, as well as increase strength.
Benefits of Bodyweight Training:
The main advantage of such activities is that you do not depend on the availability of sports equipment. Bodyweight exercises always work not on one muscle group, but on several.
It helps to:
- Reduce weight
- Burn excess subcutaneous fat
- Improve coordination
- Strengthen muscles
- Get rid of cellulite
In this case, it is extremely important to correctly perform all the exercises, since an incorrectly placed hand or leg can lead to a lack of result or even to the occurrence of pain. The best option is to read a health & fitness blog, do bodyweight workouts under the close supervision of a professional trainer.
What do you need to know?
Before proceeding with the study and selection of the program, you need to decide: are you exercising on simulators or with your own weight? In any case, to achieve the result, you must make every effort and not retreat halfway.
Bodyweight exercises involve 3-4 workouts per week. This load allows you to recover without harming your health. It is highly discouraged for beginners to carry out daily exercises, since damaged muscle fibres will not have time to recover in 24 hours. More experienced athletes can independently determine the frequency and timing of approaches.
Most Effective Exercises
Below are the most simple and effective workouts for losing weight and strengthening muscles:
- Plank: Everyone already knows about the effectiveness of the “plank”, but its standard implementation simply leads to muscle tension. To do this, when performing, one palm must be placed on the floor, and the other must be bent at the elbow. Change your hand every 30 seconds. This will allow you to increase the load and use all the muscles.
- Stretched side plank: A great way to strengthen all muscles and also develop coordination. To do this, you need to lie on your side and pull your body so that your legs are perfectly straight. In this position, the lower leg is stretched with the opposite hand.
- Side squats: The best way to strengthen and tighten your lateral muscles. To perform, you need to spread your legs wide, gradually lowering to your left leg. Then return to the starting position and lower yourself on your right leg. When performing, the arms should be extended forward. The wide leg position allows you to use your weight as a weight.
- Delay squats: This exercise is performed in the same way as classic squats, except for holding in the lower position for a few seconds. This allows you to significantly increase the load on the leg muscles. It is very important not to lift your socks and focus on the heel. The duration of the delay can be gradually increased.
- Side push-ups: To perform, you need to take a pose for a classic push-up, and then stretch one hand to the side and lean on your fingers. When performing, it is important to strain all muscle groups. Unlike simple push-ups, in this version, the chest should almost reach the floor. If the workout seems very simple, you can linger in the lower position for a few seconds.
- Plank with arms extended: Not suitable for completely newbies, especially if there is excess weight, since the load will be enormous. To perform a push-up pose, the arms must be extended to the sides to the maximum distance and the body must be raised, leaning on the fingers. After taking a pose, you need to strain all the muscles.