7 Things to Know When Considering Laser Eye Surgery in Mumbai
The purpose of Lasik surgery is to enhance vision. It modifies the cornea’s shape so that light is appropriately focused on the retina, resulting in clear vision. Precautions and questions arise in the mind of a person considering Lasik surgery, just as they do with any other surgical procedure. Take some time to read this article if you are considering LASIK eye surgery to correct the visual difficulties that you have been experiencing.
These 7 things that you should know when considering Best Lasik Surgery in Mumbai:
- Before the procedure, speak with your surgeon and make sure you understand the precautions that must be taken. Before surgery, patients are normally recommended to avoid using contact lenses and any type of make-up or chemicals. Patients are also urged to stop using soft or hard contacts two weeks before surgery. Contact lenses change the curvature of the cornea, so it’s best to wait until it’s back to normal before having eye surgery. To limit the risk of infection after surgery, avoid using any type of make-up or chemicals on the face.
- Know your surgeon properly. LASIK eye surgery is dependent on the surgeon doing the procedure, so look for an experienced and qualified ophthalmologist. This is crucial and should not be overlooked.
- Patients usually suffer some discomfort during the first 24-48 hours, but this subsides with time. Even though it is a foolproof treatment for vision correction, patients may encounter side effects in the rarest of circumstances. It is always essential to spend quality time before the operation learning about and comprehending the potential side effects. This allows the patient to plan ahead of time and take rapid action in the event of an emergency.
- The Lasik procedure is long-term safe and effective. Near-sightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism are all treated with this procedure, which changes the structure of the cornea. The excimer laser is used by the surgeon to remove corneal tissues in this surgery. Lasik surgery is a permanent procedure that does not have a set time restriction.
- Lasik surgery is normally painless both before and after the procedure. In a small percentage of cases, Lasik surgery produces postoperative eye discomfort. If you have severe discomfort following surgery, call your doctor right once. Before undergoing Lasik surgery, the doctor will give you an eye drop to help you prevent any pain or discomfort throughout the procedure. Some doctors will prescribe drugs to help you relax during your Lasik procedure. This operation does not require stitches because there is no incision on the eyes. Your doctor, on the other hand, will prescribe medications to prevent postoperative infections. After this therapy, you may have some eye pressure.
- In a patient with a vision issue, the Lasik procedure greatly eliminates the requirement for eyeglasses. The requirement for glasses following Lasik surgery is determined by the patient’s age and other vision issues. People use eyeglasses in various instances, especially when reading.
- There are no time constraints on how long you may go through this treatment. If a previous Lasik failed to attain the desired eyesight, people may need augmentation or refinement surgery. Secondary Lasik augmentation is determined by the thickness and size of the cornea. The ophthalmologist will examine your eyes and determine the risks associated with Lasik surgery based on your age and other factors. Secondary Lasik surgery has a risk, and many patients are not candidates for enhancement surgery.
LASIK is a type of outpatient surgery in which the patients remain awake throughout the procedure. Although LASIK eye surgery in Mumbai has resulted in flawless eyesight in more than 96 percent of patients, no ophthalmologist can guarantee it. Make sure to ask your surgeon about the type of post-operative eye care they offer and what you’ll need to do to ensure the treatment is as successful as possible.