Regular work out is a very good habit that keeps you fit and away from various diseases. But, nowadays, people are so busy in their daily routine that they can’t make time for the workout. In fact, they do not have any physical activities as they spend their whole day just sitting in front of computers. This leads them to obesity, diabetes, blood pressure and heart problems. However, it’s never too late to have a new beginning. You can start with baby steps and then increase the time you are dedicating to it. A health fitness blog like this can be very helpful for you. So, here are some tips for you to start working out.
- Challenge yourself: You can motivate yourself for starting the workout by challenging yourself. Set a goal and make a plan to achieve that. For example, if you are obese and want to get rid of extra body fat then decide a weight number and dedicate a workout go get that number on your weight machine. You can also start with a weekly challenge like a one-week yoga or pushups challenge.
- Be ready for initial discomfort: It is possible that you may feel tired for the first few days. It is because your body is not used to any workout. A little leg pain, drowsiness or laziness may take over you. But, you need to be strong try to push your limits day by day slowly & steadily. Don’t be harsh on yourself by doing a heavy workout in the beginning and most importantly please try and avoid that you don’t break this daily cycle. You need to be consistent to achieve the desired goal.
- Try to be a morning person: Workout will give you faster results if you do it in the morning. Your body stays fresh and relaxed in the morning as you give it the rest it wants. A morning workout will make your body ready for a the entire day. You will start feeling more fresh and active once the morning workout becomes your routine. Providing fresh air and oxygen to your lungs in the morning will heal you from inside. It may take a few days for you to deal with the morning blues but once you make it a habit, there will be no turning back.
- Find your suitable type of workout: There is no particular workout which you are bound to do. You can find your own way to stay fit and active. The only thing that will matter is your activeness, dedication & commitment towards your target. You can try the gym if you want to. If you don’t find it suitable then you can start doing light exercise at home. You can also give a try to dance or yoga. Go through a health fitness blog to find something interesting. Experiment with yourself to find out which type of exercise suits you better.
- Ask for a company: It is a common problem with many that they seek company whenever they need to start something new. If workout seems boring to you too, ask your friend to accompany you. In fact, you can take your spouse with you. It will bring fun to your workout. Ask someone who can motivate you to continue and never let you give up on workout.
- Have a cheat day: It is advised to be determined and disciplined towards workout but it can be monotonous initially. So, you can have a cheat day in a week. You can skip the exercise for a day. It will help you to feel relax mentally as you will not need to sweat for the day. But, remember, it is just for the day. It should not tempt you to leave your daily workout habit.
- Gift yourself some new stuff: You can buy a new pair of shoes or a new tracksuit for exercise. New things in our wardrobe excite us a lot. New shoes and clothes will motivate you to use them. You can call it a mind game but it really works. A digital watch will also be good if you want to keep count on calories that you burn while exercising.
- Do it for yourself: Don’t start the workout under peer pressure or just to impress someone. Do it for yourself. Doing for others can never last long. But, when you are doing it for yourself it will give you full satisfaction. Do it with happiness and not with pressure.
- Join demo classes: Before jumping into a new regime you should give it a short try. Demo classes are a perfect example of this. Be it a gym or Yoga, demo classes are essential when you are trying it for the first time. It will give a fair idea of whether it can be your cup of tea or not.
- Ask for recommendations: If you are not able to check out the center by yourself you can ask for recommendations. Ask your friends if they are going to a gym or yoga center. How is it? Whether it has given them positive results or not? This will save you from trouble and will also save you from spending your money in the wrong place.
Above are the tips which will be very helpful for you to start working out for yourself. Don’t push yourself so hard. Do it only if you are comfortable. Know your physical strength and plan your workout accordingly.