Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder. It is a condition in which a woman’s level of the sex hormones estrogen and progesterone are out of balance. According to U.S department of health and human services every 1 in 10 women and 1 in 20 women in child bearing age has PCOS. PCOS brings unwanted changes in your body, the way you look or the way your body behaves. Sometimes it can cause serious health problems. Women with PCOS are often found to have higher than normal insulin levels. PCOS is the most common problem faced by women these days.
What causes PCOS?
- Over production of the hormone androgen.
- Increase in insulin level in your body.
- It may be caused because of hereditary from mother’s or father’s side.
Detect The Early Symptoms
- Acne and skin problems.
- Weight gain and difficulty in losing weight.
- Extra hair on face and body. Often women get extra hair on body, face, chest and back.
- Irregular periods. Often women have 9 periods in a year while others have heavy bleeding during their periods.
- Thinning hair on the scalp. Sometimes you suffer from major hair loss.
- If your stress has converted into depression, time to have a medical check.
- Fertility problems – Many women who have PCOS have trouble getting pregnant.
- Darkened underarms or dark patches in your underarms.
- Mood swings.
Don’t ignore these signs. These are the symptoms that you can’t let go. If you are facing all of them or even some of them, contact your doctor before any epidemic may break down.
Treatment of PCOS
- Eat a healthy diet full of high fiber and proteins. Include foods like tofu, cheese, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, spinach and almonds. Avoid the foods which make you gain weight.
- Prefer smaller portions of food rather than having 3 meals a day.
- Decrease food with high glucose and sugar levels.
- Do regular exercise and opt for yoga.
- If you smoke, consider quit smoking.
- Call for doctor and take some medicines.
- Have regular check on blood pressure and diabetes.
- Take care of your skin and body.
Why PCOS is on the rise?
- Ignoring the early symptoms.
- No time to cure the symptoms.
- No time to take care of your health.
- Eating the junk without any stop.
- Lack of nutrients in diet.
- No routine of exercising and yoga.
It has been observed that PCOS can be cured at home by following a healthy lifestyle. According to the surveys performed 60% of women got rid of this syndrome by just taking care of their body. Joining yoga classes, aerobics and going for a walk are some of the little things that help you get rid of it. Having a balanced diet specially designed for PCOS patients is also a great help. You own your body. Only you can cure it the best way. Doctors also suggest weight loss and taking care of body helps majorly in the treatment. Why PCOS is rising? It is rising because we are ignorant of the symptoms. Act smart! Live a healthy life!