Full mouth reconstruction is a procedure that is designed for the restoration and reconstruction of all the teeth of the upper as well as the lower area of oral cavity. This process is done in case of severe dental damage. Which might also result in tooth loss. They may also erode, over the years, due to the long-term acids from all sorts of foods and beverages or even due to the teeth crushing. This is the why an individual might need a full mouth reconstruction.
Situations in which you might need full mouth reconstruction
- Teeth loss due to decay or trauma.
- Injured or fractured teeth.
- Or for the teeth that has become critically worn due to the long-term acids erosion from the foods, beverages, acid reflux or tooth grinding.
- Conditions of chronic jaw pain.
- If you have few broken, chipped or worn down teeth.
- In case you have a missing tooth.
- Popping or clicking of the jaw.
- If you suffer from frequent backaches, headaches or tenderness in the muscles.
There are various treatments that a full mouth reconstruction involves and your dentist might recommend you one based on your dental condition amidst these.
The process of evaluation
- Teeth: The restorative procedures would be decided by the condition of your teeth, in order to solve your problem, which are the options available for you. You might also suffer from crowded teeth, poor dental care, disturbance, or few effects of wear and tear. It would result in providing relief and also improved functioning and better oral health.
- Gums: Your gums might suffer from periodontal diseases if you do not take proper care of your gums. This disease may further cause bleeding, bad breath, swollen gums, and loose or shifty teeth. Your dentist can involve few methods that would help in the restoration of gums through modern techniques, like, tissue restoration which also promotes the growth of the bone, laser therapy that helps in reduction of pockets or pocket elimination surgery that helps prevent tooth loss.
- Jaw and Bite: If you tend to suffer from bad bite or also known as malocclusion, then you might suffer from pain while closing your mouth or while chewing. Your dentist might use the braces to correct occlusion before all those additional restorative procedures are practiced.
- Esthetics: A full mouth reconstruction accomplishes multiple goals. It helps you restore your mouth and teeth to a functional and healthy level and provides you the opportunity to create a beautiful smile.
There are dentists who provide quality and reliable full mouth reconstruction treatments in Mumbai who could help you about the color, shape, size and proportion of your teeth, while designing your new smile, also how they would appear in relation to your gums, lips, mouth, side profile and face.